Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Stuck-Book & Activity

I'm sure most of you all know and love Oliver Jeffers.  He is by far one of my favorite author/illustrators! I was so excited when his book Stuck was on this year's Iowa Goldfinch Award list because it gave me one more good reason to use it with my students!

Stuck by Oliver Jeffers

Students LOVE this book! When I use this book in my teacher I will read it aloud myself and then show them the following video of Oliver reading in it.  I mean everything is better with a British accent right?



Following this I will give each student a blank tree outline where they get to decide what gets stuck in their tree! I always love seeing what they come up with to get stuck.  Often their items match those from the story, but other times they come up unique items as well!  My one suggestion is to instruct students to draw their "stuck" items and THEN color in the background around them.  Otherwise they get stuck on just coloring in the tree versus using their imagination to come up with items.



Click HERE to make a copy of the Google Drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment